All Categories ​>​ ​Qantas Premier Credit Card ​ > ​ ​Financial difficulty ​>​ What if I’m finding it hard to meet my Qantas Premier credit card repayments?

What if I’m finding it hard to meet my Qantas Premier credit card repayments?

How can I apply for Hardship Assistance? 

We understand that you may experience a sudden change in your life causing financial hardship. We are here to understand your situation and tailor our solutions to best suit your individual needs. So whether your situation is caused by unemployment, injury or illness, divorce, a natural disaster or an unexpected reduction in your income, we are here to help you get back on track.

STEP 1: Submit or call

Please provide us with your detailed current financial situation by filling out a Personal Financial Summary form and emailing it to by attaching it in a PDF or image format.

Alternatively you may call our Debt Management Solutions team on 1800 288 496 (or +61 2 8288 2886 from outside Australia) from 9 am to 9 pm, Monday to Friday Sydney time, except public holidays, and we can help you complete the Personal Financial Summary (PFS) form over the phone. 

STEP 2: We will contact you

Once we have your completed Personal Financial Summary form we will review the information provided and contact you to discuss your situation and how we can assist. 

STEP 3: More information and/or supporting documents

You may need to provide us with additional information or supporting documents. If this is the case we will let you know. Examples of supporting documents may include but are not limited to, doctor’s certificates/medical reports or proof of your income.  

If at any stage you feel we have not been able to assist you or provided you with assistance that will help your current situation, please feel free to email with any further information that we can take into consideration.

Alternatively you can contact our Customer Relations Unit on or 1300 992 700. Our Complaints process can be found here.

Before you apply

You should read the following before applying for financial hardship assistance:

  1. If you hold a NAB branded product and require financial hardship assistance on that product too, please contact NAB Customer Care on 1800 701 599 (8:00am-8:00pm Monday-Friday and 9:00am-1:00pm Saturday AEST.
  2. If you hold a credit card or personal loan which was formerly issued by Citigroup Pty Ltd (and which is now issued by NAB) which is branded Citi, Card Services, Coles Financials Services, Suncorp Clear Options, Qantas Money, Kogan Money, Virgin Money, PayPal Rewards, Bank of Queensland or; Spot. Buy Now Pay Later issued by Diners Club Pty Ltd (now part of NAB), this hardship application will also be applied to any or all of those accounts as well. If you do not require hardship assistance on all of your accounts, please do not submit an online form and contact our hardship team on 1800 288 496.
  3. Your card / account may be suspended from the time we receive your application for hardship assistance, and if approved, during the entire period you are in financial hardship. This means you cannot use your card for any retail transactions/purchases. Your ability to transact post your Financial Hardship assistance will be based on your card or account status.
  4. Financial Hardship and Credit Reporting - in July 2022, amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 introduced Financial Hardship Information (FHI) as a new category of information, which will be displayed on consumer credit reports alongside Repayment History Information (RHI). The Financial Hardship Information will indicate if you have entered into a temporary or permanent hardship arrangement, but will not include the reasons for the arrangement you have entered into.

Financial Hardship Information (FHI):

The type of financial hardship arrangement you enter into depends on whether the changes to the terms of your loan or obligations are permanent or temporary.

  • Variation Financial Hardship Arrangement (V) – indicates that a permanent variation to the terms of the consumer credit contract have been made and will be reported once in the month that the contractual variation took effect. Once the FHI has been reported with a Variation (V), the future RHI will be updated to indicate if the new monthly repayments are being paid on time or not.
  • Temporary relief or deferral Financial Hardship Arrangement (A) - providing temporary relief from or deferral of the individual’s obligations in relation to consumer credit, reported each month that the arrangement is in place. During the period that any temporary relief or deferral Financial Hardship Arrangement is in place, the RHI will be concurrently reported to indicate whether you are meeting the obligations of your temporary financial hardship arrangement where payments were agreed to be made.

This information will be stored on your credit file for 1 year. Only your financial hardship information from licensed credit providers who hold an Australian Credit Licence can be recorded. Telecommunication and utility companies are not licensed credit providers, so your financial hardship information will not include these providers and they will not be able to see financial hardship information details either.

These changes will also allow licensed credit providers to access and use this comprehensive information in order to make more informed lending decisions. However, this information cannot be used by licensed credit providers to calculate your credit score.

You are entitled to a free credit report every three (3) months and you can request one through any of the Credit Reporting Bodies:

Free and independent financial counselling

You can get free independent counselling and advice from a Financial Counsellor. For a comprehensive listing of Financial Counsellors please visit the Financial Counselling Australia website.

Financial Counselling Australia and the National Debt Helpline offer free, independent and confidential financial counselling. Call 1800 007 007 to speak to a financial counsellor. You can also access their self-help website

You can also get information from the following websites:



Need Accessibility Support?

  • The National Relay Service (NRS) is a government initiative that allows people who may have hearing and/or speech impairments to make and receive phone calls.
  • The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is an interpreting service for people who may have difficulty speaking English.

Please visit the Accessibility and disability support page for contact details.

Was this information helpful?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)